Sports massage / sports remedial massage is a deep tissue manipulation of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia that hold the skeletal system together.
Originally developed to treat athletes before and after an event to prevent injury, it is now highly recognised as an alternate therapy to anyone who is suffering from the list below:
- Joint pain
- Restricted movement
- Postural problems
- Muscular tension
- Scar tissue
Sports Massage treatment that can be very effective at helping relieve pain whether it is muscle or joint pain. Examples of symptoms that remedial massage has helped:
- Back pain including lower back pain (lumbago)
- Shoulder pain, frozen shoulder, neck pain and associated headaches
- Arm pain including tennis and golfers elbow
- Sports Injuries
Sports Massage is often used when a person is suffering from physical pain, a lot of times people are left frustrated with the treatment from GPs which is often just a prescription for a muscle relaxant and rest. The remedial therapist’s first skill is in finding out the cause of the pain (not necessarily where the pain is felt) and then determining a treatment protocol designed to treat the cause as well as the symptoms. The therapist will use a variety of clinical testing procedures to assess your musculo-skeletal structure looking for imbalances, muscle, fascial and joint restrictions and muscle weakness. The therapist will use a variety of techniques as required to address the problems causing your pain. Please see below for benefits of remedial techniques we use.
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Helps Re-align Musculo-skeletal structure
- Helps recovery from injury
- Reduces excessive scar tissue build up
- Break down adhesions in the muscle tissue
- Releases myofascial restrictions
- Release muscle spasms and relieve muscle pain, relaxes muscle from shortened or excessively tense state
- Aids recovery of normal muscle proprioception after injury
- Re-align joints and Relieves joint pain (using gentle soft tissue and mobilisation)
- Through rehabilitation exercises within treatment and given to client to do at home we can strengthen and rehabilitate long and weak muscles.
Price £35 for 1 hour appointment
Meet Serena our Sports Therapist.